Jehlárová, Isanovic named CSC Academic All-Americans

Cougs one of five programs with multiple players
SAM TAYLOR
Magda Jehlárová and Iman Isanovic share a moment during WSU volleyball’s round two match of the NCAA Tournament vs. Dayton Dec. 2 in Pullman, Wash.

For the second straight season, WSU volleyball was represented on the College Sports Communicators Academic All-American list. With Magda Jehlárová and Iman Isanovic both making the All-American Third Team in 2023, the Cougs were one of five programs to have multiple players represented, as announced by the CSC.  

Jehlárová made the list for the second season in a row after being named to the 2022 All-American Second Team. Isanovic, on the other hand, was the only three-time representative of the CSC Academic All-Americans, making the All-American Third Team in 2021 and All-American Second Team last season. 

Both players made the All-American Third Team for 2023, with Jehlárová finishing with a 3.77 GPA and Isanovic posting a perfect 4.0 GPA.

Both players were in their fifth year and finished their collegiate careers in the 2023 season. Jehlárová finished as a 2022 Pac-12 Scholar-Athlete of the Year, multiple-time CSC Academic All-District player and Academic All-American player and dominated on the court.

Isanovic also finished as a very decorated student-athlete, a three-time CSC Academic All-American and multiple-time CSC Academic All-District player while putting up a lot of kills split between her time at Arizona State and WSU.

The two international standouts were catalysts in the Cougs run to the Sweet 16 of the 2023 NCAA Tournament as Jehlárová averaged 1.39 blocks per set and hit .424% for the team and Isanovic averaged 3.22 kills per set and hit .249%. 

During the 2023 season, Jehlárová became the NCAA rally-scoring era leader in career blocks, finishing her career with 769 total blocks, split between 145 solo blocks and 624 block assists. 

Isanovic had 399 kills for the Cougs, adding to the over 1,000 career kills she had with the Sun Devils. 

Since departing WSU, both players have started their professional careers. Jehlárová is playing in the newly founded Pro Volleyball Federation and Isanovic is playing in Romania for a club called CSM Volei Alba-Blaj.