Pullman Farmers Market not running during summer

Pullman Chamber of Commerce to reevaluate market strategies and goals, hoping to be open summer 2025
MAX CIOT
The Pullman Farmer’s Market is hoping to return summer 2025, three dates left for winter market.

The Pullman Farmers Market announced Monday it will not run during the 2024 summer season.

This decision was made because the current market manager will be stepping down in April, according to a statement from the Pullman Farmers Market. The Pullman Chamber of Commerce chose to not run this season to reevaluate market strategies and goals.

The market is hoping to return in 2025 with renewed goals and does not intend to shut down forever.

“Please understand we do not make this decision lightly, and that we consulted with vendors, stakeholders, and community partners to assess our options before we came to this conclusion,” the statement said. “We understand this will leave a void in the beautiful food system of the Palouse, and will affect the businesses who have been providing fresh agricultural products and artisan foods and crafts to our community for 15 seasons.”

Despite the absence in the summer, the Pullman Winter market will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Feb. 17, March 16 and April 20 at the Brelsford WSU Visitor Center.