Wellness Kiosk installed in the CUB

The kiosk contains items such as condoms, deodorant and snacks
JOSIAH PIKE
The kiosk was placed on the ground floor of the CUB next to the snack vending machine.

ASWSU’s Wellness Kiosk was officially installed in the Compton Union Building.

The kiosk, initially referred to as a contraceptive machine, was first discussed in September 2022, according to a previous article in The Daily Evergreen. When deciding on a place to put the machine, the Chinook, the Women*s Center and CUB were all considered.

The kiosk is located on the ground floor of the CUB next to the other vending machines. The kiosk contains items such as condoms, pregnancy tests and menstrual pads, as was the original intent. In addition, the kiosk contains items meant for general hygiene purposes, such as mini toothbrushes, chapstick and snacks such as Clif bars.

The initial target date for completion was October 2022, although the date was moved due to logistical concerns such as risk management, according to another article from the Evergreen.

“We anticipate the Wellness Kiosk will be received with enthusiasm by the student community,” said Bryce Becker, ASWSU health and safety director, in a statement. “We’re excited to see the positive changes it will bring to our campus and how it will support our students in their day-to-day lives.”