Letter from the Editor: grateful end of unexpected opportunity

Saying goodbye to the newsroom one last time
Anna Adams in front of The Daily Evergreen door in graduation regalia on April 20, 2024 in Pullman, Wash.

As my final week with The Daily Evergreen comes to a close, I reminisce on what brought me here in the first place.

I joined Murrow College without much direction or goals. I just knew that I wanted to be involved with communications, so I joined Public Relations thinking that was the path for me.

However, everything changed my senior year. I decided I wanted to pursue journalism, and although close to graduation, I changed my major.

I felt a little intimidated and far behind everyone else in my major. Most people had so much experience behind them and were involved in many different campus clubs.

I decided to join the Evergreen as a life reporter in October. In November, I became the multimedia editor. Both positions gave me more confidence in my abilities and grew my love of journalism.

I became managing editor in February. I have loved every minute of it and am grateful for the opportunity.

Joining the Evergreen was one of the best decisions in my college career. The people around me are supportive and push me to be my very best and I feel confident in my skills and ready to use them in a bigger market.

I think of the Evergreen as opportunity. It is opportunity to be in a supportive environment of amazing students. It is opportunity to apply classroom learning to real-world situations. It is opportunity to grow as a person and journalist and help others around you grow.

I am grateful for this opportunity and look forward to what the future brings.