Ask Life: How to spend Thanksgiving with friends?

Host a Friendsgiving with food, games or other activities
SHALLA NEWMAN
Eat food, spend time with loved ones or take the time to rest.

Dear Life Section,

I’m not going home for Thanksgiving, and I’m not sure what to do! I have a couple of friends who are staying in town, but most people I know are leaving.

The friends who are staying in town, like me, are trying to plan something, but we don’t know what to do because it’s our first Thanksgiving away from home.

Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely,

No-Thanksgiving-This-Year

Dear No-Thanksgiving-This-Year,

It’s a good thing you have a couple of friends in town because you guys can do a small Friendsgiving.

It can be however you want: something big, something small or something in between, and it does not even have to be on Thanksgiving if you do not want it to.

But, if you are not up for making a ton of food, you guys can also do a movie night or a game night as a replacement.

There are multiple streaming services you can choose from, as well as board games and online games.

And if all else fails, just take a break. You have the week off, so try to get some rest or get a head start on homework or final projects for the next few weeks. That is exactly what I will be doing: sleeping and getting ahead.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

The Life Section