Ask Life: How to return to the swing of things after break?

Just because the break ends, does not mean the fun does
MADELINE NEIGEL | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE
WSU student eating and doing school work at the Compton Union Building.

Dear Life Section,

I just got back from my spring break trip, and now I do not know how to get back into my normal routine. Do you have any tips on how to stay motivated for the last stretch of the semester?

Sincerely,

Lazy and Sunburnt Student

Dear Lazy and Sunburnt Student,

After going on a fun vacation, sometimes the last thing you want to do is get back to work, school and your daily routine. However, the last stretch of the semester is arguably the most important. Here are a few tips to finish the semester strong.

Whether you are graduating in May or this is your first year in college, it is important to keep the future in mind. The last half of this semester could have a significant effect on your GPA and therefore, it is important for you to stay on the grind.

Do not worry if you lack motivation at first, just force yourself to get to the first few classes and once you see your friends and professors, you will get back into your usual routine again.

Making your own incentive program can be helpful, according to The Odyssey Online. Set goals for yourself and after you complete them, allow yourself to hang out with friends, grab a treat or watch a movie.

The warm weather will also make the transition from vacation to school easier.

Go out and enjoy the sunshine. There are multiple things to enjoy and places to be in Pullman. A walk to a coffee shop downtown, eating outside at The Coug and walking on the trails near Pullman are all options. If you have not hiked Kamiak Butte, this spring would be the perfect time to do so.

Continue to plan events that include friends and sunshine. The fun does not need to end with spring break.

If you want to get in touch with your sporty side, outside the UREC there are sand volleyball courts and basketball courts. Parks in Pullman have pickleball and tennis courts.

By adding the sun and events to your daily school routine, the transition from break to school will be easier. Make the most of your last few months in Pullman before the summer.

Sincerely,

The Life Section