EWU forward follows head coach to WSU

Former Big Sky Freshman of the Year to transfer down US-195
WSU forward Isaac Jones jumps for a layup during an NCAA men’s basketball game against Eastern Washington, Nov. 27, 2023, in Pullman, Wash.

Just a few days after officially losing star point guard Myles Rice to Indiana, the Cougs have landed their first major transfer. Ethan Price is a 6-foot-10 forward out of England who has played the last three years of his collegiate career for the Eastern Washington Eagles.

When EWU coach David Riley was announced as the head coach hire for WSU, the expectation was that some of his roster would follow him. Price is the first Eagle to do so, and he comes to a team with a hole he can fit perfectly.

Price averaged 12.2 points, four rebounds and 2.2 assists last season, placing him third on the team in scoring and second in assists. He started every game of his career at EWU, averaging 10.5 points across his three seasons in Cheney.

Price was named Big Sky Conference Freshman of the Year in 2022 and was an All-Big Sky Honorable Mention the following season. In four career games against WSU, he averaged 12.5 points and helped the Eagles beat the Cougs twice.

With the graduation of Isaac Jones, the Cougs have a hole at the power forward position. Price has the size and scoring ability to slot right into that position, and while he is not as dominant on the interior as Jones was, he is a much more reliable shooter from distance.

Price announced his commitment via social media Tuesday.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ethan Price (@ethaanprice)

He kept his announcement short, writing simply “WHAT’S GOOD PULLMAN.”

Several of his fellow starters are in the portal, with WSU being named as the top contender for at least one. The portal is open for less than two more weeks. Before long, Price might not be the only Eagle-turned-Coug.