Hounds to face Selah in first postseason game

A balanced, younger Pullman squad will look to advance to the next round.
Pullman+High+School+walks+out+before+playing+against+Rogers%2C+Sept.+22%2C+in+Pullman%2C+Wash.+
Pullman High School walks out before playing against Rogers, Sept. 22, in Pullman, Wash.

The Pullman Greyhounds will battle the Selah Vikings to start the 2A WIAA postseason this Friday.

The Hounds took care of the West Valley Eagles last week by a score of 17-14. 

Pullman will look to build on their balanced offensive attack from last Friday. 

Sophomore quarterback Connor Stewart will be a key player in this matchup. Stewart completed 13 passes on 27 attempts and finished with 139 yards passing last week, helping to maintain flow in the offense. 

Stewart will look to find wideout Gavin Brown, who finished with eight grabs for 109 yards against West Valley. Brown will need to separate from Selah’s defenders in order to help the Pullman passing game progress. 

Running backs Brady Coulter and Daniel Liaina will look to get the ground game going, with Coulter accounting for two touchdowns last week. 

Pullman kept West Valley to only 52 yards of passing last week and will need this kind of defensive performance to advance. 

Pullman will feature a younger squad, with Stewart and Liana getting their chance to shine next week. The youth of key contributors for Pullman will be a big subject to keep an eye on.