Ask Life: Plans to make for Easter?

It can be hard to keep up traditions away from home; here are some ideas
ANH NGO | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE
You can make plans to go Easter egg hunting with loved ones.

Dear Life Section,

I always celebrated Easter with my family, and now I am not sure what to do this year. Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Holiday Planner

Dear Holiday Planner,

One hard part of going to college is not spending holidays with friends and families like you used to. During these times, it is easy to start feeling homesick and missing the food, traditions and family that come with them. Here are a few fun activities and easy foods that make the holiday special and may bring a little bit of home to Pullman.

Although family may not be near, planning events with friends is always fun. Easter being a holiday means there are more opportunities to get creative and try something unique.

Decorating Easter eggs is a fun tradition and activity to do with your friends. Get a cheap tablecloth at Dollar Tree, dye and eggs from Walmart and you should be set. It is inexpensive and fun, and you now have cute decorations for spring.

The Country Living has more suggestions on other Easter and spring-themed DIY crafts, including baskets, table decorations and spring garlands.

Easter baskets are easy to make and are a sweet way to celebrate the holiday. Although budget may dictate what you include, many items from Dollar Tree and Walmart are inexpensive. Jelly beans, Peeps and gift cards are easy, fun gifts to include in a small basket.

Finally, hosting an Easter brunch is a good way to bring people together to celebrate. Spring is the perfect time to put your creative side to work in the kitchen. Deviled eggs are a simple favorite of many. Any type of salad such as potato, cobb or fruit salad makes a tasty addition to the meal.

Three desserts that come to mind for Easter and spring are lemon bars, strawberry pie and banana bars. Each of these can be complicated to make, but this means another opportunity to learn something new and make a delicious dessert enjoyed by everyone.

Finally, Pullman has many options for attending a service on Easter Sunday. Church Advise has a list of multiple churches of different denominations close by to choose from.

It is understandable if the holiday makes you homesick, but focus on making more memories with your friends in Pullman while you have the opportunity.

Sincerely,

The Life Section