College of Agriculture hosts tailgate

WSU’s College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences (CAHNRS) Student Senate is hosting their second community-wide tailgate this Dad’s Weekend.

“I’m excited because it gives another outlet for kids and their dads to do before the game and it also brings the Ag community together,” said Brandon Knodel, president of the Agriculture Technology club.”

Mitch McGreevy, vice chair of the CAHNRS Student Senate, said that the idea is to throw a semi-agriculture-related tailgate and to get students and their dads to meet people in the College of Agriculture, Human and Natural Resource Sciences.

“It was a large success the last time we did it so we really wanted to have it again this year,”

CAHNRS Student Senate acts as a funding source for clubs on campus and is a place where clubs can connect, said Macy Hagler, organizer for the event.

The event will feature local micro craft beers and meat sourced from surrounding areas. While all ages are welcome, alcohol will not be served to those under 21. Beer tickets will be available for purchase for $5 each, as well as event t-shirts’ and merchandise from the International Development Club and Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Textiles club.

Hagler noted that local breweries from Moscow and Spokane have donated kegs for the tailgate event.

Money from ticket purchases supports CAHNRS Student Senate and WSU’s Agricultural Technology Club.

General admission is $20 and includes a steak dinner and three beer tickets. Dinner alone costs $12 per ticket.

“We hope to raise funds for further events and for clubs,” Hagler said.

The tailgate will begin two hours before kickoff on Nov 5. at the Ensminger Pavilion.