ASWSU Student Veterans Committee hosts ceremony

{{tncms-asset app=”editorial” id=”5c745bdc-a6e5-11e6-a259-5fae27c9eb34″}}

The ASWSU Student Veteran Committee will  hold its annual ceremony to commemorate the nation’s veterans this Friday.

WSU’s Veteran Committee has hosted this celebration of our countries veterans since 1984.

“I think it’s a time to reflect on all veterans, not only the ones that have died, but the ones that are still living today and honor what they have done for this country to keep it free,” said the treasurer of the Student Veteran’s Committee and event organizer Camron Brownfield.

Brownfield served in the Air Force for four years, is a WSU alumnus and will be speaking on Friday at the ceremony on the behalf of many veterans.

The event is free and all faculty, students and patrons are invited to commemorate the nation’s veterans.

“Everyone should experience a Veterans’ ceremony at least once in their life time, and WSU’s celebration is small but it’s great for the students to come to,” Brownfield said.

ASWSU Student Veterans Committee Ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Friday in the CUB auditorium.

The event will start off with a meet and greet and coffee. The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. with speeches by WSU President Kirk Schulz, Lt. Col. Christopher Heatherly, Capt. Matthew Anderson and Brownfield.

Following the speeches, a wreath decorated with American flags will be marched down the Glenn Terrell Friendship Mall to the Veteran’s memorial.

The ceremony will conclude at approximately 11:30 a.m.

Reporting by Sadie Scott