Program offers students financial resources

Aid office open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Thursday for questions, advice

ADAM JACKSON

Robert Clarke, associate director of Student Success Initiatives and Communication for Student Financial Services, says the program is meant to help students with complex financial problems.

BROOKLYNN HILLEMANN

With the support of BECU, WSU launched the Cougar Money Matters program which aims to provide financial resources across all campuses for students. 

The program highlights iGrad which is an online personal finance tool that is offered to all WSU students, alumni, faculty and staff. 

According to the program, iGrad offers a personalized dashboard containing resources that are relevant to the specific user. With iGrad, users have access to video tips, financial lessons, calculator games and can track student loans. 

Along with personalized finance resources, iGrad contains articles, infographics and videos that offer tips on money, career and student loans. 

According to Robert Clarke, associate director of Student Success Initiatives and Communication for Student Financial Services, the program is intended to help people with complicated financial subjects such as building budgets and credit counseling. 

“This is by far the best financial tool we have ever had,” Clarke said. 

He said he wants students and faculty to simply try out the website. The program offers something for everyone, he said. 

The website also features resources to help students secure more funding for education through scholarships, grants, FAFSA and more. 

The financial aid office has also opened the financial education window which allows students to speak with an advisor about budgeting, saving, and more. The window is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.