‘Oh, the Places You’ll Go!’

GABRIELLA RAMOS, Evergreen mint editor

Enjoy a mash up of your favorite Dr. Seuss books and characters set to music in Pullman Civic Theatre’s production of “Seussical the Musical.” The production will feature popular Dr. Seuss characters, such as The Cat and the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, Horton, The Grinch, and Gertrude McFuzz.

“It is a funny show, so there are a lot of things that the parents will get and think are funny and it is a very visual show, which will keep the kids amused during the show,” said the musical’s producer Jeri Harris.

“Seussical the Musical” is the first musical Pullman Civic Theatre (PCT) has produced in almost eight years and will feature an array of musical genres, from Salsa to rap. The production includes more words sung than spoken, making for an eventful play.

PCT is working with the Community Band of the Palouse in the production of the musical, featuring a 10-member ensemble. As a community theatre, PCT includes people of all ages in their productions. “Seussical the Musical” will include actors and actresses ranging from six to 63 years old.

“Because we are a community theatre, we get members from all over the place,” Harris said. “We have students from WSU and students from elementary, middle and high school.”

This will be the first play featured at Pullman High School’s new theatre, allowing for an audience of 430 people. This family-oriented event is intended for viewers of all ages.

“Our summer shows and our Christmas shows we really try to make family oriented,” Harris said. “We really try to make it important for everyone in the family to come to it.”

Seussical the Musical will run at 7:30 p.m. July 15 – 16 and 21 – 23, and at 2 p.m at Pullman High School. July 17 and 24. Tickets can be purchased online or at Dissmore’s for $12 for an evening show or $10 for a matinee. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $15 for an evening show or $12 for a matinee.