WSU School of Music getting into holiday spirit

Free, family-friendly concert; audience members will hear works from Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi

OLIVER McKENNA | The Daily Evergreen

Jacob Ward plays a clarinet solo during movement four of Alice Poteracke’s masters composition recital, “The Humanity Project.”

ABBY SONNICHSEN, Evergreen Photographer

WSU’s School of Music is hosting its holiday celebration concert at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Bryan Hall Theatre.

Audience members will hear from WSU’s Concert Choir, World Music Ensemble, Crimson Ties, University Singers, Guitar Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra and several student soloists, according to a WSU Events article. 

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Antonio Vivaldi, Molly Ijames and Dale Warland are some of the composers that will be featured, according to the article. 

The concert is family-friendly, free and open to the public. Those who cannot attend the concert in person can watch on the WSU Pullman Music YouTube channel, according to the article.

There is also a silent auction, which opens online on Wednesday. Items in the auction include tickets to the Seattle Mariners and Spokane Chiefs, golf packages to the Palouse Ridge Golf Club and Colfax Golf Course, and donations from various local businesses, according to the article. 

Audience members are required to wear masks and encouraged to sit in small groups with friends and family, according to the article.