WSU community standards panel to stream live

Event begins 4 p.m.; administration will cover academic misconduct, Zoom bombing

Jill+Creighton%2C+WSU+dean+of+students+and+associate+vice+president+for+student+affairs%2C+will+host+the+event.+

JENIN REYES | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

Jill Creighton, WSU dean of students and associate vice president for student affairs, will host the event.

SYDNEY BROWN, Evergreen reporter

WSU faculty and staff are invited to learn about COVID-19 compliance, academic misconduct and Zoom bombing during the community standards virtual panel 4 p.m. Wednesday. 

Jill Creighton, WSU dean of students and associate vice president of student affairs, will host the event for professors and teaching staff to hear answers on how to handle academic dishonesty and Zoom bombing in a “Zoom era” of learning, she said. 

“We were hearing a lot of one-on-one communications from faculty that it felt more important to share the message broadly,” Creighton said. 

Both students and non-faculty are encouraged to attend the event and submit questions, which will be sorted by theme and answered throughout the panel. 

David Turnbull, professor of music and Faculty Senate chair, will mediate the event. 

Karen Metzner, director of the Center for Community Standards; Dee Posey, clinical associate professor of psychology and associate chair for undergraduate studies; and Phil Mixter, clinical associate professor with WSU’s School of Molecular Biosciences, will all join to answer the submitted questions. 

Faculty are not required to attend, Creighton said. The event will serve more as an optional educational tool for faculty to navigate a changed learning landscape.

“We look forward to the partnership between Student Affairs and faculty,” Creighton said.

The event will be streamed live on the WSU Experience website