Football game prompting changes in WSU parking

Faculty apologizes for possible inconveniences

A+new+app+called+Aims+Mobile+Pay%2C+or+AMP%2C+is+available+to+students%2C+faculty+and+visitors+parking+on+campus.+

DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

A new app called Aims Mobile Pay, or AMP, is available to students, faculty and visitors parking on campus.

WSU’s Oct. 27 Thursday night football game prompts parking accommodations due to irregular game scheduling.

Classes will be in session Thursday, further limiting the parking availability during the game. 

WSU administration is aware that the game will have negative repercussions on many students’ routines for their Thursday classes and work, according to WSU Insider.

“Though Thursday football games are an infrequent occurrence, we recognize that changes in parking during the work week are disruptive, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, WSU Pullman Chancellor Elizabeth Chilton said to WSU Insider.

While campus will remain open for normal operations, faculty and student vehicles must be vacated by 3 p.m. for game attendees to park, according to WSU Insider.

Available online is a map of all affected parking lots that will need to be evacuated during the stretch of time.

Furthermore, there is also a frequently asked questions page available online that faculty and students can access before inquiring about any other questions.

Notable questions answered are regarding faculty leave and requesting flexible scheduling for the week.

For students and faculty that rely on Pullman transit, normal bus routes will be in service Thursday and free park and ride will be available after 4 p.m., according to WSU Insider.

WSU transportation services advises to call or email them for any further questions.

Human Resource Services is also available for contact at (509) 335-4521 or [email protected].