Dave Cillay named interim chancellor of WSU Pullman

Cillay will continue working as chancellor of WSU Global Campus during interim tenure
Dave+Cillay%2C+WSU+Vice+President+for+Academic+Outreach+and+Innovation%2C+said+WSU%E2%80%99s+learning+system+helps+encourage+distance+learning+and+will+make+classes+easier+to+adapt+to.+
RYAN PUGH | DAILY EVERGREEN FILE
Dave Cillay, WSU Vice President for Academic Outreach and Innovation, said WSU’s learning system helps encourage distance learning and will make classes easier to adapt to.

Washington State University announced that Dave Cillay, WSU Global Campus chancellor and vice president of academic outreach and innovation at WSU, will serve as the interim chancellor of WSU Pullman.

Elizabeth Chilton, former Pullman campus chancellor, announced her departure from WSU May 7 and will begin her duties as president of University of New Hampshire July 1.

Cillay will assume the position June 3. He will maintain his current roles in addition to his work as the interim chancellor, according to a WSU press release.

With President Kirk Schulz planning to retire following the 2024-25 school year, Chilton’s permanent successor will be hired by next administrative team, according to a WSU press release.

“I’ve called Pullman home for the nearly three decades,” Cillay said in a WSU press release. “My family and I are eager to embrace this opportunity and become even more engaged in this vibrant community.”

Working as its chancellor since 2019, Cillay has previously overseen the growth of WSU Global Campus, including the COVID-19 pandemic, when enrollment exceeded 4,000 students, according to a WSU press release.

“Dave’s record of innovation and thoughtful leadership will prove a tremendous asset to the Pullman campus,” Schulz said in a WSU press release.