“We advise people to be concerned for their personal safety.”

FBI at UI campus, higher profile on WSU campus

Two Moscow Police Department officers walk down King Road toward the scene of a possible homicide at an apartment complex near the University of Idaho, Nov. 14, in Moscow, Idaho. 14, in Moscow, Idaho.

ALEXANDRIA OSBORNE, Editor-in-chief

There is a higher police presence on campus, so students and staff feel safe, said Gary Jenkins, WSU Police Department interim chief.

“We know that there’s a lot of concern and we’ve heard that people are concerned for their safety,” he said. “We advise people to be concerned for their personal safety.”

People should not travel alone or in low populated and low lighted areas, he said.

However, he wrote in an email there is no imminent threat to the WSU community after the quadruple homicide this weekend.

Jenkins said the FBI has been on the University of Idaho campus to help with the case.

FBI spokesman Sandra Yi, told the Idaho Statesman, “Although I can’t discuss specific efforts, the FBI often provides investigative, forensic and technical assistance to local law enforcement agencies if requested,” Jenkins stated in his email.

WSU PD has been working with the police in Moscow, and if there is a threat to the community, statements will be sent out to the public, he stated in his email.