Moscow investigators say vehicle could provide ‘critical information’ in case

Police are asking the public for help identifying white Hyundai Elantra

Idaho+community+leaves+flowers+and+gifts+to+remember+the+4+students+murdered+at+the+University+of+Idaho%2C+Nov.16.+

MIKAYLA FINNERTY

Idaho community leaves flowers and gifts to remember the 4 students murdered at the University of Idaho, Nov.16.

PUNEET BSANTI, Deputy news editor

Moscow police are asking the public for assistance in finding the occupants of a white 2011-13 Hyundai Elantra with an unknown license plate. Investigators said they believe the occupants of the Hyundai Elantra vehicle have critical information to share regarding this case.

This is one of the biggest updates so far in the investigation of the homicides of four University of Idaho students. 

Investigators believe the vehicle was in the immediate area of the King Street residence during the early morning hours of Nov. 13, the day when the bodies of the students were found, according to a press release Wednesday.

COURTESY OF THE CITY OF MOSCOW PD FACEBOOK

At this time there is no identified suspect, according to the release. 

James Fry, Moscow Police Department Chief, along with other members of the police department, collected some personal belongings of the victims from the residence so they could be returned to the families starting Wednesday, according to the release.

The personal belongings that were collected are no longer needed for the investigation, however, the residence remains an active crime scene, according to a press release Tuesday.

The items were loaded onto a truck and moved to a secure location until the families can collect them. 

“It’s time for us to get those things back that really mean something to the families and hopefully help with some of their healing,” Fry said in a video interview.