WSU President Kirk Schulz set for State of the University address

Address will be on Spokane Campus, accessible through Zoom

BEN SCHUH | THE DAILY EVERGREEN

WSU President Kirk Schulz speaking during the faculty senate meeting at the Food Science and Human Nutrition building in 2019.

WSU President Kirk Schulz’s yearly State of the University address is set for 3:10 p.m. Tuesday and will take place on the WSU Spokane campus. For students and interested parties, there is a livestream available through Experience WSU

WSU Spokane Chancellor and Executive Vice President of Health Sciences Daryll DeWald will introduce Schulz. Schulz will share prepared remarks focused on WSU’s access mission, as well as some of the challenges and opportunities facing the university, according to WSU Insider.

After his prepared speech, Schulz will answer prepared questions submitted before the event from members of the WSU community.

Schulz’s 2022 address focused on how WSU was finding access following the lockdowns from the pandemic, among other things. That address can be viewed in its entirety online

The State of the University address itself is a part of the week-long celebration of academic excellence that starts with a showcase symposium of student work Monday and ends with a celebration banquet Friday.

All events for the week are outlined on the WSU website.