The mission and vision of the Daily Evergreen

What the Evergreen stands for, from the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor

Hello and thank you for reading the Daily Evergreen!

We strive to be the voice for the Washington State University student body.

The Evergreen is home to three sections: news, life and sports. News covers the events and issues, life, the inspiring people and places and sports the (you guessed it!) sports of WSU, Pullman and beyond.

While we are a paper by the students for the students of WSU, we strive to serve our community by reporting and writing about the things that matter to Pullman, whether you are a student, university employee or citizen living on the Palouse. Both our campus and town community are the center of our focus, as we strive to provide readers with a good and informative reading experience.

We will also publish editorials on various campus and community issues.

The Daily Evergreen is based in the basement of Murrow Hall. Murrow College of Communication students are the majority of our staff, but students of all majors and interests have a home at the Evergreen. Having perspectives ranging from communications to computer science, to health studies, the Evergreen continues our goal of being the voice of WSU students.

The mission of the Daily Evergreen is to quickly and reliably report on issues the community faces and provide efficient coverage of newsworthy events. We strive to be our best and foster a newsroom of individuals who share that goal. 

The vision of the Daily Evergreen is to be the ground for new and experienced reporters alike to hone their skills and enjoy the work they do. Whether in their writing, design or layout, we push for creativity and finding new and interesting ways to tell the story, while remaining faithful to reporting the truth efficiently. 

Communication and effective community engagement are paramount to the success of the Evergreen. Emails of tips or concerns, letters to the editor and more can all be directed to the [email protected] email to help the Evergreen be the voice we strive to be.