New Rosauers location expected to open in early November

The store will be on Grand Avenue, where Dissmores was previously located
The+location+of+the+new+Rosauers+on+Pullmans+Grand+Avenue+
BECCA WALKER
The location of the new Rosauers on Pullmans Grand Avenue

A new Rosauers Supermarkets location is expected to open in the first week of November on 1205 Grand Ave. in Pullman, at the former Dissmore’s location.

Dissmore’s IGA, a family-owned grocery store based in Pullman, closed its doors July 2022 after serving the community for 85 years, according to the Moscow-Pullman Daily News. The store was sold to Rosauers in June 2022 and the remodeling process began in Aug. 2022, Rosauers CEO Cliff Rigsbee said

Rosauers will be opening its doors to customers sometime in early November, following the 14-month-long remodeling project, although an exact date has not yet been announced, Rigsbee said.

The primary goal of Rosauers has always been to provide the community with locally sourced and healthy food options. Founded in 1934 and based in Spokane, they hope to improve the variety of food options in communities all over the Pacific Northwest, Rigsbee said.

“We definitely want to provide the community with a good place to buy groceries on the north end of town,” Rigsbee said. “Even just driving through Pullman the last few months, it is a smaller town but it does take a while getting from north to south and south to north.”

Rigsbee said the store will include a second floor with seating, Wi-Fi and charging stations for college students. The store will also offer over 5,000 different kinds of natural and organic food options.

The new Rosauers location will be almost completely different from the Dissmore’s which was previously located in the same spot, Rigsbee said.

“We definitely spent quite a bit of time and energy and money remodeling it,” Rigsbee said. “Almost everything will be brand new, including the floor. It’s pretty much a brand new store.”

The new store will also have a deli with various food service options in-store, including but not limited to a taco bar, juice station, espresso stand, brick-oven pizza, both hot and cold sushi and soft-serve ice cream Rory DeLane, Pullman Rosaurs store manager, said.

“I think this store is going to be awesome for the area, and I think everyone is going to be surprised with the amenities we’re going to have in the store,” DeLane said.

DeLane said that the new store will contain one of the largest beer coolers in the region, which will have open doors similar to that of a store, and carry a wide variety of options of craft beer to cater to students in town. 

DeLane said he hopes that the new changes made to the building will help distinguish Rosauers from Dissmores to students and other members of the community.

“Not throwing Dissmore’s under the bus, but we have spent a lot of money to redo this,” Rigsbee said. “Everything is brand new in there, and we’ve added on the front of the building and the back of the building.”

DeLane said the store has already begun the process of staffing for the new location. 

“In the last three weeks, I’ve probably interviewed over 150 people, and we’re going to employ 95 associates,” DeLane said. “A lot of students have applied, and we are going to have a lot of students working for us.”

Rosauers will be flexible with the schedules of their student employees and plans to work around their schedules for breaks and vacations, DeLane said.

“I just want people to come check us out,” DeLane said. “I think they’re going to be very impressed with what we have to offer.”