Through the Lens: WBB nearly break record

Team scores 111 in blowout win
Jenna Villa holds the ball as the Cougs finish off a 111-50 win, Nov. 29, in Pullman, Wash.

Every starter had double-digit points. As a team, the Cougs were one point shy of breaking the program record for points in a single game. Not only did all of the starters finish in double-digits, but two additional bench pieces reached the mark, and one more, Alex Covill, was one field goal away from breaking into the club. As a team scored 111 points in their win over Texas A&M Commerce, one point shy of the program record for a single game.

Not only did the ball get shared in scoring, three players finished with double-doubles. Through every conceivable way, the entire WSU roster, top to bottom, chimed in for a dominant win.

Head coach Kamie Ethridge got 29 points from the bench, 70 points in the pain, 18 points off turnovers and 1.5 points per possession from her team.

Bella Murekatete led the Cougs with 22 points, finishing 11-of-19 from the field and adding 18 total rebounds in the dominant win. For her rebounds, she had 12 defensive boards and six offensive boards, adding three blocks and four steals in an all-around fantastic performance.

Eleonora Villa had one of the best performances of her young career, finishing with 20 points, going 9-of-15 from the field and 2-of-6 from beyond the arc. Adding four rebounds and six assists, she proved her worth as a key player in the rotation.

Eleonora Villa dives over a Texas A&M Commerce player to take control of a loose ball after it got poked free, Nov. 29, in Pullman, Wash.

Both Tara Wallack and Charlisse Leger-Walker had 15 points in the win. Wallack had seven rebounds and a block for her additional contributions while Leger-Walker had a double-double with 10 rebounds and six assists.

Rounding out the double-double, Astera Tuhina had 10 points and 13 assists, being the distributor of the rock that made the offense flow so well to score triple-digits.

To cap things off, Kyra Gardner had 11 points off the bench, Jenna Villa had 10 and Covill finished with eight.

Gallery: