Julia Norville will finish college career at Palm Beach Atlantic

Grad student will play beach volleyball
WSU defensive specialist Julia Norville and setter Argentina Ung celebrate a point during an NCAA volleyball match against UW, Sept. 21, 2023, in Pullman, Wash

Julia “Juice” Norville, the back row defender who spent the last five seasons playing for WSU, will complete her master’s and play a season of beach volleyball at Palm Beach Atlantic. With different eligibility rules, Norville is granted the ability to switch out the hardwood for the sand despite using all of her traditional volleyball eligibility during her time with the Cougs. 

In her Instagram announcement of her new destination, teammates from the last five seasons at WSU shared their excitement for the defensive specialist’s new arrival. 

“Good job Julia. Excited for you. You will be great,” former assistant coach Burdette Greeny commented. 

Karly Basham, Pia Timmer, Argentina Ung, Peyton Claus, Weronika Wojdyla, Iman Isanovic, Katy Ryan, Luci Blazkova, Magda Jehlárová and Magdalena Juric all commented from last season’s team, proving the tight-knit relationship the players hold with each other. 

Their comments ranged from, “Beach Juice. So Proud.” to, “YAY YAY YAY, ur gonna kill it so proud.” But the meaning of all was clear. 

Norville is getting her master’s in business administration, a program she began after getting her bachelor’s degree in sport management. 

On the court, Norville played in 517 sets over 145 matches from 2019–23 for WSU. Finishing her career near the top in career matches played and career service aces, which she had 138 of. This past season, she set a career-high in aces in a season with 37 while also finishing the year with a career-high of digs at 269. 

Tallying 1,066 career digs, Norville averaged 2.10 digs per set throughout her career, with three separate seasons finishing above 2.00 digs per set.

Last season, Palm Beach Atlantic finished 20-14 overall and finished their postseason as the fourth-place team in the AVCA Small College Beach Volleyball Championship.