Deputies make multiple drug warrant arrests over weekend

IAN SMAY, Evergreen news editor

Whitman County Sheriff’s deputies arrested four people over the weekend after serving two narcotics-related search warrants.

Deputies received a tip claiming the driver of a vehicle was in possession of methamphetamine on Webb Street. The vehicle was then stopped around 9:30 p.m. Saturday, leading deputies to obtain a search warrant, according to a news release by Whitman County Sheriff Brett Myers.

Officers from the Pullman Police Department assisted deputies in searching the vehicle, where they found multiple grams of methamphetamine. They then arrested 55-year-old Edward Gunn of Pullman, the driver of the vehicle, for possession of methamphetamine.

Deputies served another warrant Sunday afternoon on Grand Avenue. A search at a trailer home yielded heroin, methamphetamine and multiple items of drug paraphernalia, according to the release. Three people, 24-year-old Ashley Green-Noel, 25-year-old Jory Smith and 54-year-old Donna Green, all of Pullman, were arrested. All three were charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, while officials additionally charged Smith with delivery of a controlled substance.

All four individuals arrested as a result of weekend search warrants were booked into the Whitman County Jail.

IAN SMAY, Evergreen reporter

Ian Smay is a senior journalism & media production major, with an emphasis in broadcast news, from Dayton, Washington. He is also minoring in criminal...