WSU women’s golf takes tenth in Bruin Wave Invitational

Top-10 finishes are becoming routine for the WSU women’s golf team this spring season.  

The Cougars finished yesterday with their final round of the Bruin Wave Invitational, in 10th place with a final score of 929. WSU was up against some of the toughest teams in the nation including No. 1 Southern Cal and No. 2 UCLA.

The top scorer for the Cougars was senior Mallory Kent, finishing tied for 23rd place along with UCLA junior Ani Gulugian and Arizona junior Kendall Prince with a total score of 228.

WSU junior Kristen Rue was one stroke behind in a three-way tie for 26th place with California freshman Lucia Gutierrez and Arizona freshman Wanasa Zhou with a final score of 229.

Sophomore Rachel Lewis followed for the Cougars tied for 49th place with CSU Northridge’s redshirt freshman Cesilie Hagen with an overall total of 237.

Southern California’s golf team came out victorious with a final score of 863 (-1). In second place was No. 17 Pepperdine with a score of 876 (+12).

USC sophomore Kyung Kim finished in first place with a score of 213 followed by teammates junior Doris Chen and sophomore Annie Park who tied for second with a score of 214.

The Cougars will resume spring play on Tuesday when they head back to Hawaii to compete at the Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational.