Tree sales fund club activities, equipment for students

Booster club partners with Pullman Building Supply for first time

Pullman Building Supply will host this year’s Christmas tree sale put on by the Pullman High School Booster Club. Funds support more than just sports, senior Andrew Tull says.

COURTESY OF UNSPLASH

COURTESY OF UNSPLASH

COURTESY OF UNSPLASH

MADYSEN MCLAIN, Evergreen reporter

The Pullman High School Booster Club is holding a Christmas tree sale to raise funds for student activities.

The annual tree sale was traditionally held near the Pullman fire station, but this year the club formed a new partnership with Pullman Building Supply, Booster Club Co-president Amy Tull said.

Pullman Building Supply is providing the Christmas trees and the venue for the fundraising sale, she said. PHS students will be volunteering to sell the trees through Dec. 16, and the sale will continue through Dec. 21 or until all of the trees are sold out.

When the Christmas tree sale is finished at the end of the month, Pullman Building Supply will determine the amount of money to donate to the club, she said.

“We are excited that the Pullman Building Supply is giving us this opportunity,” Amy said.

Those looking for a Christmas tree to purchase can go to the garden center at Pullman Building Supply, she said. The price of each tree varies with size and type.

“I volunteered at the sale for the Knowledge Bowl team one time,” said Andrew Tull, Amy’s son and a senior at PHS. “We brought out speakers, sang Christmas songs and drank hot cocoa. We had a lot of fun.”

Andrew has volunteered at the Christmas tree sale since he was a freshman in high school because of his involvement in different clubs. Students who are involved in clubs, activities and sports that receive funding from the booster club must volunteer, he said.

The PHS Booster Club funds different clubs and activities each year through grants, Amy said. The club supports the high school sports teams by using the funds raised to donate new uniforms and equipment.

The boosters also fund student groups like Key Club to attend yearly conventions, she said.

“With grants, we give back to student clubs and activities,” she said. “Students would not have the things they have without the boosters.”

Other traditional fundraisers the PHS Booster Club holds include an auction that occurs every other year, the sale of season sports passes and concessions sales at all the home football and basketball games, Amy said.

“The boosters aren’t just for sports,” Andrew said. “Basically everyone in the school can benefit from this.”

The Pullman Building Supply is located at 400 SE Fairmount Drive.

MADYSEN MCLAIN, Evergreen reporter

Madysen  is a freshman journalism and media production major from Hunters, Washington.