Pullman hosting Annual Spring Clean Up

Clean up to be held at Pullman Disposal Service’s location, old appliances and broken tools among items accepted for disposal
JACQUI THOMASSON | THE DAILY EVERGREEN
Devon Felsted, president of Pullman Disposal Services, attributes the new commodity surcharge to the increase in recycling costs and lack of market thereof Tuesday afternoon inside the PDS office.

Pullman Disposal Service, in collaboration with the City of Pullman will be holding its Annual Spring Clean Up event from 9 a.m. – noon on April 20.

Pullman Disposal President Devon Felsted said he has worked for PDS since he was 14 years old. He loves living in Pullman and continuing the family tradition of serving the city through Pullman Disposal.

The Annual Spring Clean Up will be held at Pullman Disposal Service’s location at 135 NW Harold Drive and not the landfill. Felsted said residents are invited to participate by paying a nominal fee of $9 for cars and $12 for trucks/trailers, making this service accessible and affordable for all members of the community.

During the event, a wide range of items will be accepted for disposal, including old appliances that clutter homes, broken tools and equipment such as lawnmowers and snow blowers, electronic devices like computers, printers, phones, and furniture items such as couches, chairs, tables and mattresses, he said. Additionally, recyclable materials, general spring trash and fluorescent light bulbs will also be accepted for proper recycling and disposal.

Felsted said the items that cannot be accepted during the Spring Clean Up event include everyday household trash, vegetation like shrubs, grass and branches, hazardous materials such as chemicals and batteries, large trucks or tractor tires, paint and contractor waste.

“The Annual Spring Clean Up is not just about decluttering homes; it’s about making a collective impact on the environment and the community,” said William Felsted, Pullman Disposal Office vice president. “By participating in this event, residents not only free up space in their homes but also contribute to waste reduction and environmental sustainability through responsible disposal and recycling practices.”