Sweet dreams

WSU students chose their own beds for this year’s Students Choice Awards’ Best Place to Nap category.

{{tncms-asset app=”editorial” id=”8d6d191a-0512-11e6-9989-47dd40bc8bf6″}}

When a day just seems to drag on, the only way to power through is a midafternoon nap. Students have voted that the best place for that nap is nowhere but home sweet home.

Though crashing in the CUB or snoozing in class might be tempting, will a true nap experience be fully appreciated? Likely not.

In the instance that your 20 minute power nap turns into a two hour wasted-away afternoon, there is no better place to be than in the sleeping area most familiar to you.

Napping is a science after all, and does have some rules to follow.

The National Sleep Foundation offers many tips and tricks when it comes to getting the most out of your midday crash, including stating that “your sleep environment can greatly impact your ability to fall asleep. Make sure that you have a restful place to lie down and that the temperature in the room is comfortable.”

I don’t know about you, but it seems to me that the National Sleep Foundation is in agreement with the students of WSU that the best place to take a nap is at home.

The source also points out that “more than 85 percent of mammalian species are polyphasic sleepers, meaning that they sleep for short periods throughout the day.” So, why shouldn’t we partake … it’s only natural.

Reporting by Philip Grossenbacher