No. 14 rowing completes Clemson Invite

The No.14 WSU women’s rowing team has closed out competition at the Clemson Invite after a tight battle with No.4 Ohio State and No.17 Harvard.

The varsity eight team, including senior coxswain Rebecca Burns and sophomore stroke Emily Thomson, finished in second place ahead of five teams and right behind Ohio State. The Cougars edged out Harvard by four seconds, crossing the finish at 6:45.1.

Sophomores Jenna Mangiagli, Emily Morrow and Jessica Newson help make up the second varsity eight team which found itself in another tight race with Ohio State. The Buckeyes took the lead and maintained it for the remainder of the race, finishing almost eight seconds ahead of the Cougars.

WSU came out ahead of No. 20 Louisville who finished about seven seconds behind. Harvard finished in fourth and San Diego followed at 7:04.3.

Racing concluded with the third varsity eight race. This included sophomore Ellie Burg, freshman Codi Swenson and senior Kotryna Lasaite.

The Buckeyes took another first place finish coming in at 7:36.5, only a second ahead of second place Harvard.

The Cougars battled for third with Syracuse and Louisville, and ultimately came in fourth.

The Cougars will not compete for another two weeks, when they will host Oregon State April 30. It will be WSU’s final race before gearing up for the Pac-12 Championships.

Reporting by Payton Dineen