Letter from the Web & Mobile Manager: New website

BY MICHELLE FREDRICKSON | Evergreen Web & Mobile Manager

The Daily Evergreen is an award-winning publication. Taking home more than two dozen awards in the last calendar year, this publication is something the students should be proud of. And now, we have launched a web presence to match.

If you go to dailyevergreen.com today, you will see a newly-redesigned website built for a smoother, more user-friendly reader experience. We at The Daily Evergreen have been working on the redesign for several months and, as the Web and Mobile department manager in The Office of Student Media, I am thrilled to announce its launch.

The new website gives us a better platform for multimedia projects, including videos produced by our videographer staff and the upcoming Mandarin language podcasts.

Additionally, as part of the redesign, we have emphasized the community’s ability to contact the Daily Evergreen through a new tab giving the contact information for all newspaper editors. The Evergreen thrives on community engagement, and we hope easier access to contact will foster greater levels of community discussion.

This site is reflexive, and will work much better with mobile devices, a necessity for the digital age in which many of our readers, local and non-local, access the Evergreen’s articles via their cell phones. We hope this will provide a better experience for all online readers.

Furthermore, the new website allows new advertising opportunities, including rotating advertisements and mid-story advertisements. Anyone interested in advertising is encouraged to contact our advertising department, whose contact information can be found under the Contact Us tab.

With the launch of a new website comes an increased focus on The Daily Evergreen’s app, as well. The app was recently redesigned to create a better experience for the users. It is free to download and updates automatically to fix bugs. Also, the app can give you notifications of breaking news in the area. Still a relatively new platform, the app is a unique and reliable way to read the paper digitally, from wherever you may be.

I hope you will explore and enjoy the redesigned website, and I always welcome your feedback and engagement in this product.