SURCA student and judge applications open

Event to take place March 29; students compete in nine different categories

ANISSA CHAK

Students will use a variety of online platforms to present their work to the judges on Zoom.

ABBY DAVIS, Evergreen copy chief

Applications for students and judges are now open for the Showcase for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities. 

The virtual event will take place March 29. Students can compete and win awards in nine different presentation categories, including humanities, arts and design, and social sciences, according to SURCA’s website

The application deadline is Feb. 22. Applicants will find out in early March whether or not they will present at the event, according to the website. 

This year, there is a new “Research Proposal” category for students who are involved with mentored research but do not have results yet. Students who enter this category must also select one of the other eight categories, according to the website. 

Students will use a variety of online platforms to present their work to the judges on Zoom. The awards ceremony will take place March 30, according to the website.  

Faculty members, postdocs and other professionals can apply to be judges. Each judge is assigned to three or four presentations, according to the website.

Students, faculty members and members of the WSU community are encouraged to attend the event, according to the website. 

SURCA is part of WSU Showcase, a week-long celebration in March that highlights academic excellence, according to the WSU Showcase website.