Logann Golden enters transfer portal

Defensive specialist second player from WSU to depart
Logan+Golden+digs+the+ball+during+an+NCAA+volleyball+match+against+Utah%2C+Oct.+13%2C+in+Pullman%2C+Wash.+
Logan Golden digs the ball during an NCAA volleyball match against Utah, Oct. 13, in Pullman, Wash.

Continuing the trend set by Jen Greeny and Argentina Ung, Logann Golden is the second player from WSU volleyball to announce her expected departure from the team ahead of the 2024 season. The senior libero and defensive specialist leaves Pullman after four seasons of playing as a depth piece and 2022 CSC Academic All-District player. 

Golden played in 32 sets over the course of 20 matches in 2023. Over her four seasons, she saw action in 113 sets over 57 total matches, finishing with 16 aces and 75 digs.

Hailing from Castle Rock, Washington, Golden was a four-time All-League First Team player in volleyball in high school. With Greeny’s departure, Golden is looking for a new opportunity to prove herself in her final season of eligibility. 

Playing behind a lot of talent, Golden proved to be a good teammate that can play off the bench whenever the players above her became injured or needed a break deep into sets. 

Over the past four seasons, she sat behind Pro Volleyball Federation draft pick Karly Basham, multi-year starter Julia Norville and Aria McComber. 

With one season left of eligibility, Golden has potential that the WSU recruiting staff saw but could not find consistent use of over the past four seasons, so her transfer will likely be to a lateral or worse program.