Wal-Mart voted best place to buy gifts

Local supercenter provides affordable prices any college student can enjoy

Store+manager+Niels+Hansen+says+college+students+are+the+backbone+to+the+stores+success.+

JACQUI THOMASSON | THE DAILY EVERGREEN

Store manager Niels Hansen says college students are the backbone to the store’s success.

SIGMUND SEROKA, Evergreen reporter

There are many options in the Palouse when it comes to shopping for gifts. But out of every store, Wal-Mart was selected as the best by students.

Wal-Mart prefers to set themselves apart from the competition by offering a wide variety of products, from essential foods to home decor and pharmaceuticals.

Wal-Mart’s product availability and brand recognition have given it an edge when compared to other local establishments, store manager Niels Hansen said.

“We have a lot of options,” Hansen said. “The students always seem very happy to come in here.”

Pullman’s Wal-Mart has become a very important part of the community especially for students, Hansen said.

“Without the students, we probably wouldn’t be here,” he said.

The store views the award as a prestigious honor because of the impact students have on Pullman, Hansen said.

“Cougar students make up a lot of our business and it’s always great to see them coming and going from the store,” he said.

WSU junior Kyle Hotman said a surprise gift he purchased from Wal-Mart once had a huge impact on a relationship with his girlfriend.

“It was perfect,” Hotman said. “There was plenty of selections and options and I was able to go straight to where the product was and find it.”