Cleanup to cause temporary parking restrictions

JARED BRADLEY, Evergreen reporter

Parking on College Hill will be partially restricted over spring break in order to clean the city’s streets from winter debris. 

Vehicles found parked on affected streets between 2 and 9 a.m. can be cited and towed, according to the press release. 

Affected roadways include: NE Maiden Lane, NE Colorado, NE Campus, NE B, NE California, NE D, NE C, NE A, Maple and NE Linden streets.

According to a press release issued by the Pullman Police Department, debris like gravel and leaves build up over the winter season due to the ice and snow. The debris must be cleaned off of the roads in the spring. 

Cars cannot park on the narrow streets in the area around College Hill, according to the press release. The City of Pullman Maintenance and Operations will be cleaning the streets. 

WSU Transportation Services is working with the Pullman Police Department, according to the press release.

Stanley Ong, program support supervisor for WSU Transportation Services, said on-campus permits will still be required over break. 

“On-campus permits are still required, but daily color-zone permits are half price,” Ong said.

Students will be able to park on campus for a reduced fee, but parking permits will have the same hourly rates. 

A map of the impacted streets, as well as alternate parking, is located online at http://bit.ly/2A1eyul

If a student is planning to leave a vehicle in the impacted zone over break, they should send WSU Transportation Services their information including name, WSU ID number, license plate number and state of the vehicle as well as make and color of the vehicle. Transportation services can be reached at [email protected]