It’s not goodbye

To everyone at The Daily Evergreen, I love you; my time here has been an honor

College+is+not+over+yet+for+graduating+senior%2C+Sandi+Kobiesa.+She+will+be+working+toward+her+doctorate+at+WSU+starting+in+the+fall.+

MEGHAN HENRY

College is not over yet for graduating senior, Sandi Kobiesa. She will be working toward her doctorate at WSU starting in the fall.

SANDI KOBIESA, Multimedia editor

As I sit here in the newsroom today for our last spring semester production, I can’t help but feel a little sad. The time flew by with this semester’s editorial staff, and the connections that were made will always hold a place in my heart.

Many of our staff members are graduating or moving on to new schools, and as much as it breaks my heart, I couldn’t be more proud. Everyone taught me something new this semester, and I will never forget that.

As a graduating senior, I remember people telling me to “take in the little moments because before you know it, the end of your college years will come.”

It took me a few years to figure out where I belonged and what I wanted to do with my life; I dropped out of nursing school because I did not feel like myself, I attempted computer science, engineering, accounting and so much more. Until I finally landed on math.

I spent four years grinding and learning everything there is to know about math without realizing that college is more than just learning.

The friends and connections I made were more important than learning how to do a triple integral. When I look back at my college experience, I want to remember all the good times I had with my friends and coworkers. I don’t necessarily want to remember teaching myself linear algebra and differential equations, because, let’s be honest, that is not as fun as dancing with your friends.

Thank you to Emma Ledbetter, my former editor-in-chief and current news editor. You were a staple in the newsroom and will forever hold a special place in my heart. You believed in me when no one else did, and that is something I will never forget. Good luck in Iceland, and I can’t wait to see you again in the fall when you start your research.

Thank you to Sheila Johnson, my multimedia editor. I remember when you first started, and you were so nervous, but you absolutely killed it. I couldn’t be more proud. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Thank you to Meghan Henry, my managing editor. Back in spring 2021, when I was the Mint editor and when you were learning InDesign, I thought you were the coolest person ever. Little did I know you would be a permanent person in my life. Thank you for having my back, for being a shoulder to cry on and just being a light in my life. Thanks for making the long nights pass by faster, thanks for going to take photos with me and for always getting Freshens with me. Paris is lucky to have you moving there, even though I will miss you.

Thank you to Tom Abbott, my sports editor. You aren’t graduating, but you are leaving us for a different university. As mad and heartbroken as I am, I am so excited for what California brings you and can’t wait to see what you do.

To the rest of my staff, thank you for an amazing semester. We had our ups and downs, as anyone does, but we persevered and absolutely killed it. I may have not gotten to know all of you personally, but I got to watch you learn and grow as reporters, columnists, photographers and illustrators. From the start of the semester, I knew you all were so capable of excelling in journalism. You all took my little ideas and ran with them and made them come true. Our special edition wasn’t possible without all of your hard work and dedication. I love you all. I can’t wait to see what the future brings you.

As for me, I decided that I wasn’t ready for a “big girl job” quite yet, and I will be staying at WSU to work toward my doctorate in Applied Mathematics. Who knows, I may discover a new form of math (I hope not because there are way too many). I will stay on as editor-in-chief through the fall and work closely with our new editorial staff to prepare them for the upcoming years.

I love you all. Thank you for being you.

And to our readers, I love you all as well. I’m so glad you kept up with the paper and hope you enjoyed this semester’s Daily Evergreen.

Sandi Kobiesa

Editor-in-chief