Lind-Ritzville dominates Reardan in 2B football match

Lind-Ritzville senior Cooper Miller catches a pass during a high school football game against Reardan, Oct. 14, in Reardan, Wash. Miller scored a touchdown off of the catch.

COLE QUINN, Evergreen Sports Photographer

(Note: This short piece was written and shot for the Murrow Rural Reporting Plunge. For more info, please see rural.murrowbpj.com/ )

Lind-Ritzville High School defeated Reardan High School Friday night 46-7. Lind-Ritzville quarterback Chase Galbreath dominated in the pocket, throwing two touchdown passes. The Broncos’ special teams provided extra help, scoring off an opening kickoff and a punt return.

Despite the domination on all sides of the ball, Lind-Ritzville head coach Brendan Bermea said his team did not play to their full potential.

“We put our foot on the gas at the beginning of the game and let it off for the rest of the game,” Bermea said.

Lind-Ritzville faces off against Asotin High School on Oct. 29. The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association currently ranks Lind-Ritzville fifth among the 2B class.

“I don’t care about the standings,” Bermea said. “All I care about right now is Asotin.”