WSU women’s golf finish in top 10 at Juli Inkster Meadow Club Invitational 

Darcy Habgood finishes in 11th-place to pace Cougs

SETH STERN, Evergreen reporter/Copy Editor

Coming in ninth place out of 13 schools, WSU participated in the Juli Inkster Meadow Club Invitational with other Pac-12 schools including Stanford, USC, California, Washington, Oregon State and Colorado March 6–7.

WSU fifth-year Darcy Habgood finished with the Cougs’ best score. She tied for 11th on the player leaderboard with Lion Higo from Pepperdine University and Allysha Mae Mateo from BYU. Habgood also finished with an impressive 10 total birdies which was the third-best out of the golfers in the tournament.

Sophomore Madelyn Gamble posted a top-20 finish, golfing an overall 221 with the third round being her best. She ended up tying for 17th place with six other golfers.

WSU head coach Sofie Aagaard said that the Cougs played better than their current average, which is encouraging.

“Our players did a good job in implementing some recent skills, strategies, and mindset we have been working on and it is nice to see that there is progress early on in that process,” Aagaard said in a WSU Athletics interview.

Stanford ended up winning the Juli Inkster Meadow Club Invitational with USC coming in second. The Cardinal finished with three of their five golfers finishing in the top 10.

WSU returns to action March 24–26 as they will participate in the ASU PING Invitational in Phoenix. Other Pac-12 schools participating in the tournament are Arizona State, Arizona, California, Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State, USC and UW.