Bright lights, small city

A large, plastic maze constructed of reflective silver and transparent color spectrums has delivered a magic land of rainbows on campus today. The exhibit Architects of Air: Miracoco luminarium opens to the public at noon and will remain until Saturday.

Exhibit hours are noon to 6 p.m. from Wednesday to Friday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.

Architects of Air originated in the United Kingdom and has toured more than 42 countries within the last 20 years. Millions of visitors have had a chance to experience the luminarium in each of its various locations, which include the deserts of India, Japan and Yemen, said event adviser Angel Nava.

Their visit on campus is the first to the Pacific Northwest. Nava said she is confident the wonders of the exhibit will encourage students to imagine greater things.

“The committee wants to inspire students to have big dreams and then make them happen,” she said. “The luminariums transport you to a place you can’t ever imagine being. I hope it gives people the idea that nothing is impossible.”

The exhibit is made out of thin pieces of PVC plastic. Colored lights bounce off of the reflective silver and create the glow featured in the show. The highest point of the maze reaches about 30 feet.

The program is free, but donations are welcome. All ages are admitted but attendees under the age of 16 must be chaperoned by an adult.