Zoe provides great workplace: Best job on campus

While located on campus, Mike Wagoner, owner of Zoe Coffeehouse, provided more than food and drinks to WSU students. Wagoner has provided a variety of jobs for dozens of student workers, both undergraduate and graduate, during the last eight years of Zoe service.

Angie Greenhagen, a long-time employee of Wagoner’s, worked at the coffeehouse when it was known as Zoe Underground and located in the basement of K-House on Thatuna Avenue.

She, along with six other former employees, are now back on staff and working at Zoe’s new location on Main Street.

Greenhagen said the customers and the culture of Zoe Underground made her job worth it.

“It was definitely stressful because of the busyness,” she said. “But we love all of our customers a lot. All of the stress and chaos was worth it because we put smiles on their faces and they put smiles on ours.”

The new location will attract old and new customers, Greenhagen said. Fans of both Tam’s Place and Zoe Underground will be dropping by. The staff is eager to share an expanded breakfast menu and original coffee selections.

“I’m excited to get to know the new customer base,” she said. “I’m excited to see the mash of culture.”

Thanks to the expansion of Zoe, which will soon include a drive-thru service and longer hours, more positions have been made available and the best job on campus is now more accessible to the entire Pullman community.

Reporting by Lance Lijewski