More grab-and-go meals added to espresso bars

Students can now purchase vegan grab-and-go snacks made by WSU Dining Services at campus coffee shops.

JEMMA GONZALEZ | The Daily Evergreen

JEMMA GONZALEZ | The Daily Evergreen

LATISHA JENSEN, Evergreen life editor

The grab-and-go program “Bites,” have added new snacks and pastries to espresso bars on campus. Dietician Alice Ma and Dining Hall Chef Laurie Kennedy worked over the summer to add a variety of plant-based ready-to-eat foods. Meals include green chickpea falafel wrap with lemon tahini and southwest roasted chickpea salad. Snack options include veggie snack packs with hummus or lemon tahini, and there is now a larger variety.

The new pastry is a brownie cookie replacing the former chocolate crinkle cookie, according to VegWSU. They will add more desserts and other healthy selections, such as sweet breads and more cookies, in the upcoming weeks.

“Bites” is a program intended to give students a quick, fresh and healthy meal or snack in between classes, according to the dining services’ website. These can be found at six different locations: Global Scholars Market, Lighty Cafe, CUE Cafe, Flix Market, Hillside market and the Union Marketplace in the CUB.

LATISHA JENSEN, Evergreen life editor

Latisha Jensen is a junior multimedia journalism major from Bellingham.