Suspect in stabbing case held on million-dollar bail

The suspect claimed that one of the victims was the “devil”
DAILY EVERGREEN FILE

Around 9 a.m. Wednesday, two people—an adult female and an adult male—appeared to be the victims of a stabbing perpetrated by an adult female armed with a knife. Pullman P.D. was dispatched in response to a stabbing on the 1000 block of NE Williams Drive.

Upon arrival at the scene, Pullman P.D. found the suspect, an adult female, armed with a knife and actively assaulting the female victim. Allegedly, the suspect might have been experiencing a mental health crisis, and she was immediately taken into police custody, according to the Pullman P.D press release regarding the incident.

The two victims, both residents of Pullman, were found instead in an apartment in the 1000 block. The adult male victim incurred critical injuries and was immediately transferred to Pullman Regional Hospital, according to the press release.

He is expected to make a full recovery. The adult female victim, as well as the suspect, were also both treated for non-life-threatening injuries, according to the press release.

The suspect, 29-year-old California resident Tiffany Dennison, is currently being held on one count of 2nd-degree assault, one count of weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm and one count of attempted murder in the 2nd degree.

The stabbing has no relation to any other crimes, and there is no current safety concern for the citizens of Pullman, according to Pullman P.D.

“This was a very isolated event with specific people involved, there should be no effect from this on anyone else besides the involved residents,” Aaron Breshears, Pullman Police Department Operations Commander, said.

Currently, Dennison is being held and has had a court appearance.

“Pullman is a very, very safe community, however, that does not mean that bad things can’t happen here, unfortunately, they do. What I recommend for people who are concerned about safety is to take a reasonable amount of caution; and be aware of your surroundings,” Breshears said.

Update Fri. Sept 8 5 p.m.

Dennison is currently being held on a million-dollar bail and alleged that one of the victims she attacked was the “devil,” according to the probable cause affidavit.