Welcome to Life!

PAIGE CAMPBELL | THE DAILY EVERGREEN

New Life editor Zach Goff edits and reviews the layout of his pages during production on Sunday evening in the Evergreen newsroom.

ZACHARY GOFF, Evergreen life editor

Welcome back Evergreeners!

It’s that time of year again. The time to avoid buying your books until it’s absolutely necessary and the impending sleepless nights are upon us.

With this new school year comes a new staff for The Daily Evergreen. As it is only polite, let me introduce myself: my name is Zachary Goff.

I’m a professional writing major so if I ever read dry it’s because my major is preparing me for sending mind-numbing emails. I am also this year’s Life editor. My plan is to continue the work of those who came before me and try to provide interesting and meaningful content.

I hope to make Pullman feel more like your home as you learn more about the events and places both on and off campus.

The Life section is about getting involved in the community. To provide the best of the community, I need to be a part of it just as much. So, if you think there is something that we need to cover to better the community, send it my way.

The Life section covers people of interest, new businesses or businesses that are doing something new, and events in Moscow and Pullman.

We have always strived to live up to our motto of “the student voice of Washington State University since 1895.” and this semester is no different.

A large misconception about the paper is that it is biased. We try our best to be transparent and honest in everything we do. We are happy to take story suggestions from readers as well as read stories multiple times to ensure the information we provide is as accurate as possible.

Life is always happening, but you can read about it on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.