Get Involved Fair coming next week

Over 85 student-led organizations plan to attend; free pizza provided

VICTORIA GIOMI

The event is expected to stretch all the way down the mall from the Compton Union Building to Terrell Library.

VICTORIA GIOMI, Evergreen reporter

WSU’s Get Involved Fair returns in person this year with many student organizations planning to attend.

The fair takes place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sept. 1 on Glenn Terrell Mall, according to WSU Events. The event is expected to stretch all the way down the mall from the Compton Union Building to Terrell Library.

A handful of departments are attending the fair as well, including Division of Student Affairs, University Recreation and Student Involvement, said Brian Shuffield, Student Involvement executive director.

The event currently has 85 registered organizations but is expecting to peak at over 100, Shuffield said. The fair is sponsored by U.S. Bank, who will hand out free pizza to all attendees.

“This is really putting student organizations in the path of students,” he said. “Everybody will be going through the mall and hopefully, be drawn in a little bit to get connected with a student organization.”

Shuffield said the fair is a great way to learn more about student organizations, as well as help them grow. 

To learn more about the event or to register an on-campus organization, click here.