Letter from the editor: special edition coming your way

Evergreen staff spent months brainstorming, collaborating, creating pieces for semester’s special edition

At their weekly staff meeting, members of the Daily Evergreen staff discuss story ideas for the Cannabis Special Edition, April 3, at the Daily Evergreen. newsroom.

SANDI KOBIESA, Multimedia editor

Every semester, the Daily Evergreen publishes a special edition. Next week on April 14, in keeping with that tradition, the Evergreen will release the spring semester special publication.

This semester, I wanted to give all of our section editors a voice, so at our budget meetings, we had everyone pitch their ideas and bring it to a vote.

Some of the topics included, but were not limited to, sex, multicultural and research-focused editions. But, when the votes came in, our team chose to do a cannabis edition: “All about Weed.”

We will cover a variety of topics, such as cannabis-focused research, rules and regulations revolving around cannabis in the Pullman community, local cannabis shop owners and so much more.

We have put in over a month’s worth of work into brainstorming — creating story ideas that represent our community on and off campus   finding opportunities for great photos and visuals, and we hope you see the passion for journalism in our edition.

If you have any story suggestions, please send an email to [email protected]