Ask Life: How to plan a Galentine’s celebration?

Valentine’s Day is a great way to celebrate friends too
SHALLA NEWMAN
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your friends this year.

Dear Life Section,

I want to make a special Galentine’s celebration with my girls but I cannot come up with any good things to do. Do you have any ideas or tips on how to throw a fun and affordable party?

Sincerely,

Uncreative Party Planner

Dear Uncreative Party Planner,

The idea of throwing a Galentine’s celebration sounds so exciting, but the execution can be difficult. Here are a few tips to make the day fun and special with your girls.

First rule: decorate. This task should be pretty uncomplicated. Any theme that includes pink and hearts will be sufficient.

Dollar Tree and Walmart should have inexpensive tablecloths, paper plates and napkins. Adding balloons, flowers, tinsel and whatever else fits your fancy will elevate the theme and atmosphere. To make things even more on theme, have a dress code incorporating all pink, dresses or hearts.

Next, you must provide food and drinks. Have everyone in the group tasked with bringing a food or drink item. Walmart has many boxes of decorated Valentine’s cookies and treats.

Sweethearts cannot be forgotten for your celebration. Buy a bag and spread them on the table to make it fun and festive.

Want a more classy type of party? Serve champagne for those of age. Sparkling pink wine will make it more festive and berries or sorbet will add to the sweetness and presentation. For a non-alcoholic option, sparkling cider is a classic substitute for champagne.

Finally, keep the party fun and people occupied. Galentine’s is all about bonding with the girls most important to you.

One fun way to do so is by making crafts together. There are multiple inexpensive options for crafts. You can decorate heart-shaped cookies by buying sugar cookies or making them out of scratch.

Another option is painting. Wine glasses are inexpensive at the thrift store and canvases are available at Walmart. One trend is to have every person paint a portrait of another person at the party. This is a fun way to get creative and get laughs.

Crafts by Amanda has tutorials on how to make friendship bracelets. As always, keep to the theme and choose colors that will go with your outfits and the decor.

Do not stress too much about this. If you follow these simple and inexpensive steps, you will have a wonderful party and bonding time with your favorite girls.

Sincerely,

The Life Section